Here’s how to troubleshoot if you have camera issues during a meeting. “Camera failed” error is often due to the browser not having access to the camera. The instructions listed here will help you to fix this issue.
Use Google Chrome latest version browser
Update your Google Chrome browser to get the latest software fixes.
Access to my microphone or camera was denied
GoldCare needs permission to use your camera and microphone on Chrome. You will be asked to allow access the first time you join a GoldCare video meeting.
You can change the setting to allow GoldCare to use your camera and microphone, by clicking on the camera icon in the address bar and selecting the Always allow option.
If these changes don’t resolve the issue, try options below:
- Confirm your camera is connected.
- Make sure no other apps currently access your camera.
- If you have more than one camera installed, make sure the camera you want to use is set to active.
- Enable your camera before you join the meeting.
People can't see me in the meeting
Make sure that your camera is turned on and your computer and browser are able to access the camera so you are visible.
Enable camera access on macOS Mojave and later
On computers using macOS Mojave version 10.14 or later, you must allow camera access for your Chrome web browser. Otherwise, GoldCare won’t include video from your device.
- Go to System Preferences Security & Privacy.
- Select Privacy Camera.
- Check the box for the application used for GoldCare (Google Chrome).
Allow Google Chrome to access your camera
On computers using Chrome, you must allow the browser to access your camera.
- Enter chrome://settings/content/camera in the Chrome address bar.
- Disable the setting "Ask before accessing."
- Under "Allow," delete https://meeting.goldcare.com/ if present.
- Refresh the GoldCare Meeting page and grant camera access when prompted.
My camera is on but shows a black screen
Before you begin, check if there’s a camera hardware issue:
- On your device, open the built-in camera app, such as Camera or Photo Booth.
- If the camera’s self-preview shows your image but GoldCare does not, make sure GoldCare can access your camera.